Vegetarian Foil-Packet Meal
Need a meatless Monday option or a simple dinner everyone can enjoy? This foil-packet meal full of delicious, healthy veggies is the perfect option!
- Small eggplant, cut into ½-inch pieces
- Small zucchini, cut in half and sliced
- Diced tomatoes, drained
- Garlic salt
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Lay out a piece of foil, and spray with cooking spray. Place all of the vegetables in the center, and season with olive oil, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Fold the long ends of the foil together, leaving room for the steam to gather inside. Then fold the short sides in on each end.
- Cook the packet on the grill for 15 minutes.
- When the vegetables are tender, carefully open the packet and season with more olive oil, garlic salt, and pepper, if needed.
Strawberry Mousse Pretzel Pie
Strawberries are so delicious in summer, it’s imperative to use them in your cooking for as long as you can. This cool and creamy pie is full of fresh strawberry flavor, combined with salty, crunchy pretzels for a contrast of flavor and texture in every bite!
- 2 cups finely crushed pretzel sticks
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon strawberry gelatin,
- or ½ (3-ounce) package
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, pureed and
- strained, seeds discarded
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix all ingredients; firmly press on the bottom, up the side, and onto the lip of a lightly greased 10-inch pie plate. Bake 10–12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from oven to a wire rack, and cool completely.
- Filling: Beat condensed milk, cream cheese, and gelatin at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add strawberry puree, and beat at low speed just until blended. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Beat ¾ cup whipping cream at high speed until soft peaks form; gently fold into strawberry mixture. Spoon into prepared crust. Cover, and freeze 8–12 hours, or until firm.
- Beat remaining 1¼ cups whipping cream at high speed until foamy; gradually add sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Spread over pie.
- Freeze 1 hour, or until whipped cream is firm. Serve chilled.
https://youtu.be/brn6R7WJKVs - Click here for the tutorial!